Outdoor Revolution Cayman Tail Low/Midline -2020 Model
- 11.30 KGS
- Calculated at Checkout
A refreshed colourway and some other improvements for 2020
Featuring a sewn in groundsheet, Fibreglass Poles and 68D 190T Polyester Flysheets. The Cayman tail features a longer tunnel section to accommodate the tailgate of Vehicles. Attachment is by lipping he elasticated tunnel over the vehicle and holding in place with guy-lines or straps. For 2019 there is also the option of adding a 2 berth inner tent.
Fibreglass framed Dome Style tents/awnings like the Cayman are generally stronger than Tunnel Style tents/awnings due to the cross over pole configuration. We find Outdoor Revolutions fibreglass poles very reliable in use and the advantage of fibreglass poles is the availability and ease of replacement if they become damaged.
Outdoor Revolution have always been good at ensuring good ventilation in their awnings to help reduce condensation. But please remember you will always experience condensation in any Polyester Awning. Remember to keep all the vents open and clear, ventilate the awning whenever possible especially first thing in the morning.
There are very few tailgate awnings on the market especially for VW Transporter sized vans. The Cayman Tail has therefore been a very good selling awning and with the improvements for 2019 especially the New sharper looking colourway and the ability to add an option 2 berth inner tent is it sure to become more popular.
Warning:- Do not start the vehicle whilst the Awning is attached due to the risk of Exhaust fumes entering the Awning.
Low/Midline Height: to fit vehicles 1.8m - 2.4m
What the manufacturer Says:-The excellent value lightweight Cayman Tail Low-Midline pole and sleeve drive away awning remains the most popular rear fitting upper entry level small family weekender on the market to accommodate the increasing number of campervans with rear access doors, taking inspiration from the bestselling predecessors, whilst introducing a refreshing modern colourway, accented windows and interconnecting rear cowl side doors. We have implemented an especially deep cowl on this driveaway awning, which allows the user to achieve effortless reverse-in tailgate fitting against their van. A sizeable internal living space, easy to erect fibreglass pole frame, wealth of features, unrivalled value for money and the ability to sleep up to two overnight guests (using an optional two berth inner tent) makes this the awning of choice for smaller touring families, couples, or the independent adventurer craving more usable space, to meet a budget.
- 100HDE Hex Endure Fabric - An Ultra-Lightweight Fabric with a Contemporary Print.
- 3,000mm² Hydrostatic Head & Fully Taped Seams Throughout - Exceptionally Waterproof; Water Will Simply Bead Onto the Surface and Roll Off.
- Fibreglass Pole Frame - Tough & Hard-Wearing Lightweight Pole and Sleeve Frame, Comprising Two Telescopic Fibreglass Poles.
- Extra Deep Cowl - 140cm Long Cowl to Ensure a Perfect Reverse-In Rear Tail Gate Fitting.
- PVC Window Panels - Expansive, Crystal Clear Windows, Offering a Panoramic Vista of the Surrounding Outdoors.
- Window Curtains - Zip In Blackout Blinds/Curtains for Maximum Privacy at Night.
- TPS Twin Piping System (4mm x 6mm) - Permitting Both Caravan/Motorhome Compatibility.
- TWO Rear Cowl Access Doors - To Allow Entry to the Vehicle, Without Traipsing Through the Whole Awning.
- Sewn In Groundsheet - To Reduce Moisture Ingression & To Add Convenience.
- Roof Ventilation - Improving Air Circulation Within the Awning and Aiding in Maintaining a Comfortable Temperature.
- One Year Warranty - On the Canvas & Workmanship Against Any Manufacturing Faults.
- Includes Electrical Hook Up Point - To Power Electrical Appliances within the Awning.
- Optional Two Berth Inner Tent Hanging Loops.
- Storm Strap Attachment Points.
- Includes Pegs, Reflective Guylines, Repair Kit, Carry Bag and Lumi-Link Attachment Points
- TOTAL WEIGHT: 11.1kg
- WIDTH: 240cm
- DEPTH: 240cm
- HEIGHT RANGE: 180cm-240cm
- AWNING PIPING LENGTH: 2.15m
- COWL DEPTH: 140cm
- PACK SIZE: 72cm x 33cm x 27cm
This awning has been specifically designed and is perfect for touring use; it is not designed for seasonal or residential purposes.