Outwell Newburg 260 Air- NEW for 2020
- 16.70 KGS
- Calculated at Checkout
Outwell have redesigned all full range of driveaway awnings for 2020. The Newburg 260 is based on the Scenic Road of last year. The Newburg 260 features multi-inflation Air beams, you inflate each tube separately. This is our preferred system as there is less plumbing involved so less to go wrong. It there is a puncture in a tube, it is just that tube that deflates and it is easier to trace the puncture. It is nice to also see Outwell making a range of replacement tubes, and like we advise with any poled tent or awning if is a wise precaution to buy and keep a spare tube.
The design features a vertical front door with a nice sized extended canopy, making it ideal for the British climate as the front door has protection from the rain and Sun. There is nothing worst than having to mop up the water from your sewn-in groundsheet every time to open the front door. Why so many manufacturers insist on sloping awning sides with doors and not providing at least one rain safe door. The Outwell Newburg 260 feature Outwells Outtex 4000 polyester flysheet, compared to the Outtex 6000 Pro used in the New Outwell Parkville 260SA, which Outwell have also introduced this year which has a similar with a slightly better spec. but costs over £250.00 more at RRP. This slightly lower spec fabric although making no difference to how weathertight the awning is does give the advantage of a smaller pack size, which can be important in a smaller Campervan.
Full mesh windows to the front door to give good ventilation and keep bugs at bay, Tinted Windows, to reduce UV, heat & Glare and a sewn-in groundsheet.Outwell awnings also feature their Link Access System which provides a groundsheet for the tunnel section of the awning with a valance to close the gap under the vehicle and help keep out draughts.
We would always stress that the Tunnel section of a driveaway awning is only ever a sheltered entrance and will never be draught free. Remember that unlike a caravan awning, driveaway awnings have front and back doors that can be zipped up and this is the weatherproof section of the awning.
Drive-away tent awning for motorhomes, vans and MPVs with attachment height of 170 cm-200 cm.
What the manufacturer says:-
The tunnel tent design of the Newburg 260 Air drive-away awning has a door positioned each side of the Access Zone, with buckled webbing for height adjustment, plus a side door opposite in the tent. Easily and quickly attached to campervan rails with a height range of 175cm-200cm via beading options (5mm and 7mm). A fold ﬂat front door is backed by insect-proof mesh under an eyebrow canopy.
- 175cm-200cm attachment height
- 7mm/5mm double bead
- Vertical front wall with canopy for enhanced interior and exterior living space
- Pre-shaped air tubes provide great headroom and interior space
- Front protected by Rain Safe canopy
- Double zips allow full front opening, backed by full mesh panel for insect-free ventilation options
- Large tinted windows reducing glare and ensuring privacy
- HookTrack System for versatile positioning of lights and items up to 1.5kg
- Flysheet:Outtex® 4000 Select, 100% polyester
- Roof connection length:260 cm
- Attachment height:175 - 200 cm
- Bead thickness:7 mm / 5 mm
- Tubes:Rigid Air System frame for best performance
- Maximum pressure:9 psi/0.6 bar
- Poles:Duratec fibreglass 8.5 mm
- Floor:Double-coated waterproof polyethylene, 100% polyethylene
- Pack size:86 x 45 x 43 cm
- Weight:16.7 kg
- Awning Type:Drive-Away
- Flat Woven Carpet Newburg 260
- Footprint Newburg 260
- Inner Newburg 260/260A/Parkville 260SA