Vango Bondi Low - Unchanged for 2021
- AWPBONDI C3YTDR
- AWPBONDI C3YTDR
- 7.00 KGS
- Calculated at Checkout
New from Vango in 2019 and unchanged for 2021
The Bondi Low is a great value Non-driveaway awning for those who just require something better than a sun canopy . Being non driveway you will need to ensure your vehicle has an awning rail (awnings rail, Reimo Rail) to be able to attach the Bondi Low. The manufacturer states that you can use pole & clamp, but we would suggest this option has limited use as only older VW's vans with Gutter rails are really suitable for this method. Fig 8 used in the gutter would would work on Mazda Bongos but other this this we would advise you have an awning rail on your vehicle to get the best use of this awning.
Vango have this year released some keenly priced awnings. This has been accomplished by using lighter weight fabrics and reducing some of the specifications. The Bondi Low is in this range. Using Vango's Sentinel Active Polyester. This does not mean the awning will be any less waterproof than more expensive awnings in the Vango Line up. It does help reduce the pack size and in a small non driveway awning like the Bondi Low makes a far more manageable size and weight.
Despite the lower price Vango still incorporate there excellent TBS II system to provide stability in windy conditions.
The Bondi Low uses a simple single fibreglass pole with pre angled joints to erect the awning. This give more upright sides for more useable space. The Groundsheet is removable, giving the option of easy cleaning and leaving the groundsheet out if pitched on a hard standing or gravel pitch. The Groundsheet toggles down to give a flat trip free entry point into the awning. The windows feature toggle up blinds for privacy. The frond door with its large clear windows can be zipped back half way or all the way open to create an open canopy.
The Bondi Low offers Excellent valve for money when you need something a bit more secure than a sun canopy for privacy or storage on site. There is the option of purchasing a freestanding 2 berth inner tent if you need to accommodate extra guests.
Low height for attachment to vehicles with a fixing height of 180cm to 210cm
What the manufacturer says:-
The Bondi campervan awning is quick to pitch and simple to use with one single pole, great for those who need extra space for a couple of nights on the campsite. The lightest in the awning collection, the Bondi has a small pack size taking up very little room in your campervan. This fixed style awning needs the support of your campervan, so cannot be left free-standing. Multiple doors provide flexibility along with the removable groundsheet. An excellent awning for storing bikes, kayaks or just sheltering from the rain.
- Vango PowerFlex® Fibreglass Poles - Creates a strong, yet light and reliable structure
- Non-driveaway - Awning is unable to be left free-standing without a vehicle. Ideal for use as a storage area for bikes or shelter to relax
- Sentinel Active Fabric - When pack size and weight are the key influencers in choosing your awning, our specifically designed Sentinel Active fabric will surpass your needs. Sentinel Active is strong, whilst being fully waterproof, ensuring great quality and performance coupled with compact pack sizes
- TBS®II Tension Band System - Ensures awning performs in adverse conditions, especially in strong, changeable winds. When tensioned, the bands brace the beam or pole at 3 points and prevent sideways movement. Adjust TBS®II to remove slack. Do not over tension, as this may deform the poles. Can be stowed away in calm weather
- High Visibility Guylines - High visibility lower half to prevent tripping hazards and ensure stability in high winds
- Diamond Clear Windows - Maximise light and visibility to provide a bright and airy environment
- Toggled Privacy Curtains - Easy to use privacy curtains that can be simply rolled away when not in use
- Multiple Vehicle Attachment Methods - All our awnings come with pre-attached 6mm kador, 8M over vehicle straps, roof bar attachment tabs and sleeve for pole & clamp kit system. This ensures our awnings are compatible with any vehicle
- Touring Awning – This awning is designed for touring use; it is not designed for static or long-term seasonal pitching as extensive exposure to UV light will cause accelerated fabric degradation. UV degradation is not covered under the warranty. However, under normal holiday use your awning will give long service
- Easy Access Doors - A flat entry access door creates easy access for wheelchairs, prams and people with reduced mobility
- Linked-In Groundsheet - This groundsheet can be attached or detached from the living area making it easier to clean
- This awning has multiple additions available for enhanced functionality - Please check our additions table for more details
- Optional Groundsheet Protector Available - Protects built in groundsheet from rough ground. Prevents awning base getting wet and dirty, allowing easier pitching, packing and storage
- Supplied with Steel Pegs - Strong and durable pegs ideal for grass pitches. Supplied with a handy carry bag
- Mesh Front Door - Fitted with internal mesh fly screen for bug-free ventilation
- Easypack Carry Bag - Oversized carry bag to make it easier to pack the awning away
- Optional Carpet Available - Give your awning all the comforts of home without compromising your outdoor experience
- Weight: 7.3kg
- Packsize: L75.0 x H24.0 x W24.0cm
- Pitching Time: 7 mins
- Awning Size: Low
- Kador Adjustable Height: 180-210cm
- Kador Length: 258
- Weight without Accessories: 4.6kg